Friday, December 17, 2010

April's bench

The weather has gone from mild to freeeeezing...we just had some snow yesterday! I love the snow though and am hoping we have some for Christmas. But this weather makes painting almost impossible. I have tried to work out in my garage, even sanding a bit, but my hands didn't last long. I did this next project mostly inside...and just did the sanding and finishing touches outside.

April found this cool bench at a tag sale.

Photobucket

She wanted the legs turquoise and the top whitewashed. I first sanded off some of the green paint and then painted the turquoise right on. I opted to skip the primer because I didn't want the white showing through. Then I distressed the legs and added antiquing glaze. For the top, I just lightly sanded and added my whitewash (which is just watered down white paint). I painted it on and then rubbed it in with a clean rag.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment