Friday, September 24, 2010

french coffee table

I picked up this coffee table for free a few weeks ago. At first, I could not believe it was free, but quickly discovered that the previous owners must have had a puppy...that loved to chew! Two corners were almost chewed through. Dave told me I should have taken a close up picture of the damage, but alas, I forgot. Needless to say, I had some repair work to do.

Photobucket


Once I had them repaired, my wonderful husband sanded the corners to perfection. They came out great. At first, I wanted to paint this table a soft gray, but then settled on a subtle white. I lightly distressed it and replaced the wooden knob with a pull that I sprayed black. I love the way it turned out. $95

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments: