Wednesday, September 15, 2010

gray with a bit of burlap

Gray furniture and burlap material - two very popular things right now. I've wanted to do something with each. I combined them to redo a little girl's rocker. Probably not the most practical as I'm not sure how many girls have gray and burlap in their rooms. I kept telling myself I should paint this rocker white, but when I found this oops paint the other day for $.50 I decided to try it out. I added a little stamped butterfly at the top. Then I made a little burlap seat cushion, accented with satiny ribbons. It's definitely very shabby chic!

I totally forgot to do a "before" picture. So, you'll never know this rocker looked like before. Oh well...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Girl's gray rocker SOLD

3 comments:

  1. I love this!! If only I had a girl... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- this is absolutely adorable! i love the touch of the satin bows as well- adds that little bit of softness and femininity. thanks so much for linking up to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color, the burlap, the butterfly, the pink ribbon - I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete