Saturday, September 25, 2010

April's kitchen cabinet

A friend of mine, April, recently moved and bought a cabinet for her kitchen online. Upon receiving it, she quickly realized it was much too bright. Sour apple bright! But it was a very cute piece. Of course I was half way through priming when I realized that I needed to take a "before" picture...

Photobucket

April asked me to repaint it for her and she chose a creamy white. After painting I distressed it, some by hand and some with my palm sander and added a light coat of stain to give it a nice aged, worn look. She has accents of pistachio green in her kitchen, so I like the way some of the green peeks through the distressing and hope it will compliment her kitchen well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment