Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Alicia's desk

I had fun (and learned some) with this very neat piece. This desk was originally owned by Alicia's mom and was passed down to her awhile back. It has been well loved over the years!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Alicia wasn't quite sure at first what color to paint it. She liked the idea of a fun, subtle color, but at the same time wanted it to be neutral. We decided on a creamy white. After we first talked I threw out the idea of painting the inside gray, a color that she had been thinking about. It would add some interest to the desk while in use, but also allow it to go in any room, since you could close it up and hide the gray away. After sanding, priming and painting, I distressed it and then used an antiquing glaze, which enhanced all the details of the desk.

It was not until I was all done and the desk was settled into it's home, that Alicia found these wonderful amber glass knobs from Restoration Hardware. I think they are perfect!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. It looks so great!! I'm sure that you had to sand away many gouges and water rings that I created over the years. :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with this, Heath! It looks so great.

    ReplyDelete