Wednesday, October 6, 2010

*live laugh love* side table

This sweet table was given to me a number of weeks ago. Rather plain, but nice classic lines. This is a picture after it was sanded down.

Photobucket

I love blue right now, but don't have too many options in my paint collection. So, I mixed a couple paints I had on hand (a blue green, a soft blue and a touch of gray). After painting I distressed it and then lightly aged it with antiquing glaze. When it was done, it still looked too plain and was crying out to be made unique. So, I painted some simple words on the bottom corner...*live laugh love*

I think it would look too cute as a hallway table, in a guest bedroom, or as an accent table to add a touch of color and meaning. $49

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Linking to Primitive and Proper

1 comment:

  1. that turned out so cute! and the color you mixed is very pretty. love the leaves on it, too- oh i love fall!
    thank you so much for joining my party!

    ReplyDelete