Wednesday, October 20, 2010

newlywed find

A newlywed find...that's what this drop leaf side table was. I picked this little guy up at a yard sale right after Dave and I were married (over 8 years ago!). It has served us in every home we've lived...as wobbly as it is! Dave has wood glued it on at least one occasion and it's missing a bottom wrung, but to me that just adds to the character. The other day I finally decided to give him a much needed update.

Here's the table before...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I decided to keep the top stained. Although I did strip it all the way down to the bare wood, restained and sealed it. Then I painted the bottom the same color that our master bath is in. Don't know the color name, but it's a nice warm blue with a hint of green.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment