Tuesday, October 19, 2010

shabby shelf

It's been a little quiet on the blog front...partly because I've been spending most of my *furniture* time on a fairly large custom desk for someone. But it's almost done! I'll post about it soon.

For now, I have a few little pieces I've completed. First is this really cool shelf that I picked up at a yard sale. A good part of it was made from reclaimed wood. I loved it when saw it! It was an intriguing bright peach (I always love imagining the personality of the person who previously owned it and what kind of room it adorned). And of course, I was almost done priming it before I remembered to take a picture. But you can still see the bright peach!

Photobucket

I painted it in Behr "Oriental Silk" and gave it a good distressing. Then I went over it all in antiquing glaze and sealed it. A great piece for over a bed or couch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Shabby shelf $24

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I like keeping track of your projects! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete